All international development programs should have a budget. Donors almost always require a detailed budget to be submitted before they fund a project. Budgets are also necessary to ensure that expenses can be anticipated ahead of time. For large programs there may be an overall budget as well as multiple sub-budgets for specific activities or components.
Many donors and organisations require you to submit the budget following their specific format. However, in cases where the format isn’t specified this simple budget template may be helpful for small to medium size programs.
This budget template is appropriate when:
- You need to prepare a budget for a donor.
- You need to prepare a budget for planning purposes.
- The donor and/or organisation doesn’t have a specific budget template.
- The budget is for a small to medium size program.
This budget template is NOT appropriate when:
- The donor and/or organisation has a specific budget template that you should use.
- The budget is for a large or complex program.
The Budget Template by tools4dev is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. All other content is © tools4dev.
Photo by photosteve101